Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Quickster I

Well, I'm gonna do what I've been putting off for weeks and record this dang song like I promised! And you wanna know something funny... I'm always so critical of my recordings, and so I think that year after year I'll just keep refining my voice/writing, etc... and then today I pull out this CD I recorded in Phoenix 3 years ago - and I said to myself, "MAN, this is some good shtuff!"

I mean, I'm not bragging at all - I just thought it sounded like crap when I first made it. And it made me realize that I spend more time trying to "refine" my sound that just singing, writing, playing, and sharing the gift God so graciously gave me.

So that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna record some crap here real quick, store it away for 3 years and then listen to it so I can appreciate it for it's true inspiration.

No comments: