Monday, May 7, 2007

Columbus Rescue Mission

There's something special about rescue ministry. I think it's because Christ put so much emphasis on service the weak and poor... there's just something more real about it.

For one thing, you'll never find people who will lie to you more willingly about their plans to follow Christ and promptly run off into drugs and promiscuity. But on the other hand, when you see one of the rare ones - a heart that is changed by God, it's like a bursting firework over a dark sky - you just can't miss it. They radiate through the whole mission building. And with that evidence of their true faith comes a stinging conviction... is my life like that? Can people tell a difference in me?

For sure, God produces fruit in the lives of His children... and recently I've begun to wonder what I'm growing. It's more like moss or mildew... or something like that. Not as appealing, and certainly not as tasty.

1 comment:

Chaplain Ted said...

Hi Aaron, I was in Licoln at the FCA. I was talking to Stan Parker and Chris Bubach, your name came up. We are going to miss having you around.