Monday, May 28, 2007

I'm so sore


Man alive - we played soccer Saturday night in Lincoln and I am still sore! And Bamma stuck me like 15 times before I wisened up and played the other side of the field... she may have been the only girl out there, but she steps it up just like one of the fellas!

And then there's Tanner - from his football, basketball, and any-other-sport days... who has mocked soccer as long as I've known him - hopped right in and threw some weight around. Shut a couple of cocky's right up a couple times... and then let me score a few goals just to be nice - what a pal.

So - I'm definitely going to miss Nebraska... and it's hitting me again just like it's hit me before.

I really enjoy new things - going new places - performing the same tasks in different ways - surprising myself by hiding gift cards/$$$ in my dresser drawers... and so I can't help but anticipate the move to NJ. But I'm seeing that every decision has a cost - and it's not so much about selecting which paths have the least cost, but more about if the cost is worth it. And until I'm there, it's hard for me to justify the cost of leaving Bamma, my family, and my friends behind - cuz I know one of the biggest costs will be loneliness... And after a year in the lumbus by myself, I really don't want to walk into that again.

So, if you think of me, please be praying for a small, strong community of believers that I can connect with. I know that if I try to fly this one solo, I'll get picked off.

Speaking of which - I've heard a number of people tell me to check this church out in NYC - they say it's led by a "John Piper"-type pastor - and I'm getting excited about it! It's called Redeemer Presbyterian Church - and it's located in downtown Manhattan NYC - about 30 minutes from where I'll live. They've got city-outreach ministries and small groups even in NJ about 10 minutes away from me that could really be a cool connecting point! Check it out: http://www.redeemer.com/

Anyha - that's where I'm at - thanks for listening.

No comments: