Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lame Lamity Lam-o

Alright - so I'm calling off my blogfast. Too long is too long.
That would be sweet if I had deliberately fasted from blogging for some spiritual-humanitarian reason, but I must confess - this is not how I do.

That is right, spaz-o that I am, I lost interest in blogging just as I lose interest in most things 4 months from beginning. So, consider this my second wind. Endorphins... kicking... in... BOOOYAH! I'm back!

So - My Amber is coming to town very soon - next Thursday - 8 days and counting! We are gonna hit the town, catch the 'skers game with UNL friends in NYC, bounce off all the buildings, hit the woods and hike it up, all in one weekend! So, needless to say, I am VERY excited to have my little Amber here!

On the work side of things, I met my very first man-bear today. My co-worker and I drove 2 hrs. down to Swedesboro, NJ to plan an expansion to their DC (distribution center) and in walks a man-bear. At least, I think it was a bear... I mean man, I mean man-bear. I kid you not, big dude, lots of hair and the most deep-set eyes and high cheekbones. I think he said his name was Bill but that he preferred to be called "Buddy" - and so he is... Buddy the Bear. And as is customary with the man-bear species, you generally don't let them know that you have given them nicknames, because the other perk of being a man-bear is that they can rip you limb from limb at the slightest whim. (That would be limb-from-limb-at-whim ... it's a UFC cage fighting term - I'm not sure if you all know, but I've decided to become a cage fighter recently and I plan on retiring from my illustrious career a whopping 4 months into it.)

Ooh, speaking of cage-fighting, I've been training a lot on what will become my "staple" move. I'll dance around the Octagon a bunch, leave my guard down and brutally punish the opponent's fists with a barrage of face-butts. Of course, I run the risk of concussion and brain hemorrhages, but how well will those guys be able to punch after I break their fists? Hm? Yah - And what would a UFC fighter be without a nickname --> I'll be "Aaaaaaaaaaaron 'butt-face' Daaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyvissssssss!" Wa - wait a second! Wait a second!!!- that's 'Face-Butt' Davis - FACE-BUTT DAVIS!!! GAAHHHHHHHHH! The perils of having the word "butt" in your title.

It's alright, I'll change my title every 4 months.

3 comments:

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

that's what i'm talkin about. =)

Heather Lea said...

you are incredible. and also a little strange. :)

Anissa said...

nice tip 'o the cap to good ol' idiocracy;)_