Friday, October 26, 2007

New Stuff

Wow - it sure is good to be back on the continent.

Hmmm - now I'll just settle myself down on this cold, rainy night and share a good, simple blog with my homeland buddies. Really, if that's all I accomplish on this Friday night, I'll be more than happy.

So, I have to be honest - I love new things, new people, new places... but this week I've just really run dry. There's just nothing like the tried and true relationships with family and friends who have walked through tough times and deep pizzle with you. I mean it's cool exploring - but at a point, I've begun to realize that when I meet new people and see new places, they're just normal people and normal places. The difference is, they're not my people and my places. They have their own families, concerns, aspirations...

I guess I might just be making the jump from college to real life. Y'know in college, everyone is up for making a new friend. But now, people are getting settled - they like the way things are and they aren't so keen on having someone new come in and change stuff.

And that's fine, I guess - I can't blame 'em. It's just become more difficult to navigate, especially when people find out that I'm hear for a year and then gone again in June.

And having Amber go back home on Tuesday was a pretty big shock to my system. It's a pretty big jump from phone-relationship to face-to-face... then back to phone again.

Okay - mopey mope mopester is going to go take a shower and get ready to go to Outback steakhouse with my roomies. Nothing like the down under to pick up one's spirits!

3 comments:

Heather Lea said...

i know exactly how you feel. i could hardly breathe when i had to send nate off on sunday... :( makes the holidays seem like winning a million dollars when you think of seeing and spending time with the people you love most. :) take care, good buddy. Thanksgiving is just weeks away!

Anonymous said...

Think of it this way...at least you don't have to wait till St. Pat's day! :) I know this sounds dumb, but you'll make it...days have this strange way of going past even when your most sure they never will. :) And you can have a phone relationship! Life is good Aaron- tough, frustrating, but good. ((I'm sounding this encouraging so the next time I blog a downer you'll help me out!! :) )) --Erin

Levi Drake said...

I can relate in so many ways! We need to catch up again soon.