Friday, October 12, 2007

Oooh Friday

Oh yah - so on Friday's at BD, we go on hikes. Real hikes. In the mountains. It was a wonderful discovery - maybe the coolest one yet about living near the mountains is that you can make a 4 minute drive to the nearest hiking trail and take the sweetest lunch break ever!

I joined the BD fitness program - and that's who put it on - and for many Fridays to come. And the guy who leads it is an ultra-marathoner (100 mile races - yah, I know - it takes "nuts" to a whole new level). So he convinced me to join his running team and now I getta go on Wednesday runs (5-6 milers) and do Friday hikes over my lunch breaks! Wooohooo!

...well, we'll see how long my boss lets this go on.

Anyha - I got all amped about being outdoorsey and promptly went to Trader Joes to buy healthy food and followed it up with a trip to CAMPMOR - and got trail maps, running shorts, hiking shorts, an emergency blanket, and some winter headgear. That's right - Aaron's learning to impulse buy.

And Amber's in for quite a hiking trip when she gets here! Booya!

No comments: