Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hikin' it!

So, turns out my roommate Conor likes hiking too! So we got up early this morning, hit the trails and romped through the woods all morning long. Got some great pics, fresh air, and we castled. That's right, I said castled. It's a new past-time of mine where we go on hikes, minding our own business and then suddenly happen upon the ruins of a castle! Boy oh boy is it fun!

Today's castling adventure was in the Ramapo forest area, and we literally saw three stone buildings that had to have been at least a couple hundred years old (welcome to Aaron's world of archeology). One thing I didn't know about castles was that they have no roofs, they're filled with litter, and they are painted (rather poorly) with what appeared to be graffiti. We derived from the hieroglyphics that "Tony" hearted "Nina" and that "Jimmy" had been there. So, I plan on castling again sometime soon!

1 comment:

Anissa said...

nice, my computer breaks and all of a sudden you decide to update! it took me, like, a year to read all of that--never mind my remedial reading skills, that's not the point. love ya, niss