Wednesday, December 5, 2007

South BEEEEACH!

OH yeah! So, I finally convinced all the guys at work to go to South Beach for dinner tonight and it was sweet! Sheesh - Friday I was at the Pacific at Bodega Bay in California, and today I stood too close to the encroaching tide and found myself ankle-deep in the Atlantic! Sounds fun - but not so much in my work-dress clothes. But that didn't dampen my spirits enough to stop collecting sea shells n' stuff. I must say, South Beach is much better for shell-collecting and whatnot. First of all, it's 75 degrees as opposed to the 50 degrees I felt at the Pacific... and then there is the absence of sea kelp here too - which not only helps the appearance, but also the general scent of the beach. That is of course - not to knock the Pacific... it has its own charm... but not its own salt water taffy.

OOOOH - and I'm finally tasting the sweet fruit of my frequent flier miles: I finally got a free upgrade to first class on my 8am flight back to NJ tomorrow - so, I'm going to try really hard to act like I've been there before... Turn my nose up a bit, avoid direct eye contact with passengers who sit back there in filthy "coach" class, sip my free wine, talk Wall Street Journal stock updates with the other 1st classers, and laugh with big, heaving gusto. King for 2-1/2 hours.

2 comments:

Carissa Martin said...

Oh man! Our favorite comedian, Brian Regan, does a hilarious sketch on flying first class... you'll have to watch it!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9em-ZCddWk

Tanner Reed said...

You're a traveling maniac! It's funny, until I moved here, I thought the Pacific was the warmer ocean and that the atlantic was freezin'. Boy was I wrong! did you find my vitamins stashed away in your suitcase anywhere?!