Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pics from Puerto Rico

Here's the pool on the roof of the Sheraton overlooking the inlet from the Atlantic Ocean on the northern part of the island. It was so humid I had to wipe my lense and immediately snap the shot because 3 seconds later it was fogged over again!

A view to the North from the roof of the Biosciences facility in Cayey


A view to the South East from the roof of the same facility in Cayey.


I found out that I'll actually be in charge of "Phase 2" of the Cayey facility completion - so I'll be back here often. I asked one of the locals what the coldest temp he'd ever seen there and he said 65, maybe 64 degrees in the middle of the coldest winter night all year. I... just, well... yah can't comprehend that :)
Oh - you may wonder what "phase 2" means: I'll be modifying the existing spaces to accommodate more production than what was originally planned and wrapping up incomplete items like the leaking roof and some insulation damage.
(check out my post below too - it's a newbie)

1 comment:

Tanner Reed said...

Nice, man. So maybe Christmas in Puerto Rico after all? Actually, probably not for me...I'm realizing the expectations for me here in Sac as I'm meeting more people I work with! Can you say, "on call over New Years?"!