Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Little Blog

Well - I apologize for neglecting my blog. I think I got so caught up in making each post an epic-photo-filled story that I hit a plateau, couldn't one-up it, and stopped blogging altogether. So this is me coming back to the basics. No big trips, no fun stories, no pics (...yet) - just me :)

But I did want to let you know that I'm auditioning for the "Journey" church band in Manhattan tomorrow after work! I'm pretty excited to get to connect with some other mid-20's musicians... and from what I've seen over the past few Sundays, they rock pretty hard. Really hard.

Really, I didn't even ask to audition, I just asked the music leader where I could go to connect with some Christian musicians and he recommended auditioning as the best way to do that... So, here it goes

Oh yah - and they're making me memorize two songs to do it: The Solid Rock (which has a few more verses to it than I remembered) and Only a God Like You (which I'd never heard before)

He sent me the mp3's and sheet music on Monday, but tomorrow I hafta do 'em without lyric or chord prompts! Booyah. Let's get to it!

Alrighty I need some sleep - I'll be in touch!

1 comment:

Tanner Reed said...

Good luck, man. Tell them your voice sounds best with string quartets!