Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm In!

Well - I left work at 4:45 and arrived at the studio in Manhattan at 6:40 for the audition - and it went real well! I was supposed to memorize two songs and play them for the music directors, but I ended up only making it through two verses of "Solid Rock" before he stopped me and said "okay, you're definitely good enough." HAHA - looks like Nebraska can get it done in the big city!

Anway - but before I get too far ahead of myself, I'm already thinking of not joining the band. I know, I know ... quitting before I start - but the $115 parking ticket I found on my car after having a 3 hr. band practice (ended at 10PM) kinda got me thinking that I don't have the time/energy to get involved like this. Not to mention that I will have to be AT the church (it's a hotel ballroom on 34th street and 7th avenue) by 7AM on Sundays that I play... Very very early for Sundays when it's a 45 minute drive from my apartment - and then I would have to be able to play at any 3 of their locations on any given Sunday (downtown, midtown, or jersey city).

All in all - these guys were great musicians and great people... but I'm feeling like I could burn myself out right quick if I'm not careful.

1 comment:

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

do your roomies play anything?? what's their story, now that you've been there for some time.

that sucks about the ticket. Dang. Can't believe the meters go that late! what a rip!