Friday, July 27, 2007

Pandora's Music Box

It's a shame it's taken so long - but I'm just now catching the "Pandora" bug... and I LOVE it!

It all started when my boss last week told me it was okay to listen to music while at work. So I started slow, ripped a couple cd's and then reflected back to my days working for the Midwest Roadside Safety Facility when I listened to Yahoo Launchcast like there was no tomorrow. And it sure paid off! Through Launchcast I learned of Guster, Dispatch, O.A.R., Howie Day, and most important of all: Cool Hand Luke (my melancholy Christian band favorite of all time!).

So I figured I'd look into what was the latest online radio smash and I bumped into Pandora.com and remembered how many people told me I should check it out over a year ago... So, here's me late on the uptake again - but I've got some band recommendations already!

Thanks to my little sis, I have the album "Sun and the Moon" from "the Bravery" (which I love by the by) - so I inputed the Bravery as my "influence band" for my personalized radio station and I found the following sa-WEEEET bands!

- MuteMath
- Radio 4 (Even though I categorically hate bands who put numbers in their band-names: how uncreative)
- Rock Kills Kid
- Ringside
- Flickerstick

and soon to be many many more! So, my recommendation is to cake some gel in your hair, tear some holes in those crisp blue jeans, don some chuck taylors, go to Pandora.com, put "the Bravery" as your influence band, and prepare to have your socks quite literally rocked right off. Yes. No better way to spend a Friday night :)

No comments: