Monday, August 6, 2007

Next exciting thing in the life and times of Aaron Davis...

I really didn't have anything exciting to say, so I figured I'd jazz up the title a bit to keep hopes high.

Sunday Recap - I had a great time at church all day yesterday! I'm not gonna lie - 7am - 8:30pm is a long day of church (services 10:00, 11:30, 1:00, and 6:30) - but there are just some awesome people there! And it's cool, the band between each worship set gets to go back stage to the "green room" and hang out till the next set. It's like we're totally a band - snacks and all!

So, it looks like I'll be doing this about once a month - a great pace to start off.

I was just thinking about complaining about how much of my "free time" this could take up, but then I remembered what it felt like during the work-week in Columbus last year. I would get so down because it seemed like all I was doing was living just to work and working to live. Any money I saved up couldn't be used to enrich my life enough to make up for the hours that work was taking away. Basically, I got the chance to live relatively worry-free ... but without significant investment outside of myself, it wasn't going anywhere.

I'm starting to see that real investment (and its close relative "fulfillment) requires sacrifice. And I'm excited that the Lord has opened this door for me to sacrifice my free time for something that brings Him glory and satisfies my soul.

No comments: