Thursday, August 23, 2007

Californ-I-A

Whew - so I didn't think the 3 hour jet lag would be that big of a deal... but a person gets used to waking up at 7 PST after a day or two and it takes longer than that to wake up at 6:30 EST!

But I had a great time! Work-wise, we were able to answer some big questions that had been holding us back on the Puerto Rico project, but the coolest part was hangin' with Tanner Saturday and Sunday.

First, on Saturday we drove to Napa Valley and hit up a couple wineries for some ultra-classy wine-tasting. The coolest one was Sterling Winery because it had a gondola that took you to all the way up to the Sterling winery on top of a hill overlooking much of the valley area. Pretty sweet view!

Then on Saturday we went to San Francisco, visited the foggy golden-gate bridge and then hung out down by the wharf and ate a crab right out of its shell. Yah - pretty cool if you ask me. It made me realize that sea-crustaceans are really just big bugs. Sure, maybe not insects, but bugs. They have the creepy crawly legs, the tentacles, and the shifty eyes. I mean, I bet if you found a ginormouse grasshopper the size of a lobster, he'd have some pretty darn tasty legs. Sure, there's the exoskeleton to deal, but I bet the meat would look the exact same inside. So, eating sea food is really like eating a bunch of big bugs. I know you'll think of me next time you have a tasty lobster-tail. Oh, and you know that brown line on the shrimp? Yah, that's poop.

Ahhh... yum.

2 comments:

Anissa said...

at lunch right now and audrey is being very mean to me--i tol' her you'd come and bustacap in her ass. so, mister posh-man, wineries eh? you sound all snooty and then you start talking about poop veins in shrimp :) i'm glad you had fun and got work done--btw, you should call mom now, she thinks you're dead-in-a-ditch ;P

Anonymous said...

Hey Aaron...
Your mom understands you like no other person on earth. One thing, though--she can't understand how you can eat those disgusting, poop-infested "bugs"!!!
I'm afraid you've read way too many Calvin and Hobbs' adventures!
~yours truly for discriminating taste buds~
from someone who knows